If you are unable to to accept our cookies for any reason, you are requested to leave this website
Welcome to the menu of the Munich City Guide
Munich Information on this site is divided into sections as shown on the menu on the right. Each section then divides down into the individual pages. You can view all pages in a single section from the menu. This site has a mixture of information I created and pages provided by other websites. Please note, all links with a * open in a new window so you do not leave the City Guide until you are ready.
Munich Information to get you started
- Police Tel: 110
- Fire & Emergency doctor Tel:112
- Munich Ambulance Tel: 19222
- Apotheke (Chemist, Pharmacy) pronounced AP-PO-TE-KE
- German voltage is 220v 50Hz
On January 1st 2009, Germany introduced a country wide ban on smoking in bars and restaurants. There are special smoking bars.
This website is private and is my hobby. If you are looking hotels in Munich, Flights to Munich, Hostels in Munich, or perhaps Munich Apartments, this site could be useful to you. If you are looking for the Munich beer festival, called the Oktoberfest, the link is in the menu bar. The aim is to provide Munich Tourist information.
- Shopping hours are normally 09.00 – 20.00 except on Saturday when most close at 18.00. Shops are shut on Sundays.
- Supermarket in the Hauptbahnhof is open until 21.00pm. There are a number of fast food outlets available.
- Credit cards are taken in many shops and restaurants, but are still not used everywhere. Check before making that purchase.
- Oktoberfest starts at 12.00am on September 22nd & goes until 7th October 2012. Don’t be late. It can be very hard to get in the beer tents after 19.00. Everything depends on the weather.
- Tourist office open 7 days a week at the main railway station (Hauptbahnhof)
- Munich public holidays for the year 2012. See link opposite. *
- If you plan to visit Munich, please check all information with your travel company.
Tomorrow 04/02 100%
Periods of rain and snow in the morning will turn to rain in the afternoon. Windy. High 4C. Winds W at 40 to 55 km/h. Chance of precip 100%. Winds could occasionally gust over 80 km/h.
Friday 04/03 10%
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High near 10C. Winds W at 10 to 15 km/h.
Saturday 04/04 70%
Rain showers in the morning will evolve into a more steady rain in the afternoon. High near 5C. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 km/h. Chance of rain 70%. Rainfall around 6mm.
Sunday 04/05 10%
Partly cloudy skies. High 8C. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 km/h.
Monday 04/06 10%
Mainly sunny. High 9C. Winds NNW at 10 to 15 km/h.
Tuesday 04/07 60%
Chance of Rain
Light rain early. A mix of sun and clouds in the afternoon. High 9C. Winds W at 15 to 30 km/h. Chance of rain 60%.