If you are unable to to accept our cookies for any reason, you are requested to leave this website
Welcome to the menu of the Munich City Guide
Munich Information on this site is divided into sections as shown on the menu on the right. Each section then divides down into the individual pages. You can view all pages in a single section from the menu. This site has a mixture of information I created and pages provided by other websites. Please note, all links with a * open in a new window so you do not leave the City Guide until you are ready.
Munich Information to get you started
- Police Tel: 110
- Fire & Emergency doctor Tel:112
- Munich Ambulance Tel: 19222
- Apotheke (Chemist, Pharmacy) pronounced AP-PO-TE-KE
- German voltage is 220v 50Hz
On January 1st 2009, Germany introduced a country wide ban on smoking in bars and restaurants. There are special smoking bars.
This website is private and is my hobby. If you are looking hotels in Munich, Flights to Munich, Hostels in Munich, or perhaps Munich Apartments, this site could be useful to you. If you are looking for the Munich beer festival, called the Oktoberfest, the link is in the menu bar. The aim is to provide Munich Tourist information.
- Shopping hours are normally 09.00 – 20.00 except on Saturday when most close at 18.00. Shops are shut on Sundays.
- Supermarket in the Hauptbahnhof is open until 21.00pm. There are a number of fast food outlets available.
- Credit cards are taken in many shops and restaurants, but are still not used everywhere. Check before making that purchase.
- Oktoberfest starts at 12.00am on September 22nd & goes until 7th October 2012. Don’t be late. It can be very hard to get in the beer tents after 19.00. Everything depends on the weather.
- Tourist office open 7 days a week at the main railway station (Hauptbahnhof)
- Munich public holidays for the year 2012. See link opposite. *
- If you plan to visit Munich, please check all information with your travel company.
Monday 01/26 90%
Snow. Low -1C.
Tomorrow 01/27 40%
Snow likely. High 1C. Winds WNW at 15 to 30 km/h. Chance of snow 40%. Snow accumulations less than 2cm.
Wednesday 01/28 20%
Cloudy skies early will become partly cloudy later in the day. High 1C. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 km/h.
Thursday 01/29 70%
Cloudy with rain and snow in the morning. Rain and snow will become intermittent in the afternoon. High 3C. Winds SW at 15 to 25 km/h. Chance of precip 80%.
Friday 01/30 20%
Cloudy skies early will become partly cloudy later in the day. High 2C. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 km/h.
Saturday 01/31 20%
Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming cloudy and windy later in the day. High 3C. Winds WSW at 25 to 40 km/h.